1) Great things come out of being hungry and cold.
2) Learn to say “I don’t know.” If used when appropriate, it will be often.
3)You can’t worry about a plane crash. What are you going to do? Complain all the way down to the ground? Might as well just enjoy the roller-coaster ride. It doesn’t pay to worry.
4) Every day is filled with numerous opportunities for serious error. Enjoy it.
5) Embrace strange obsessions. Today’s weirdo is tomorrow’s mogul.
6) It’s nice to be important. It’s more important to be nice.
7) If you foul up, tell the president and correct it fast. Delay only compounds mistakes.
8) Anger is all about management. You choose to manage it, or you don’t.
9) Don’t think of yourself as indispensable or infallible. As Charles de Gaulle said, the cemeteries of the world are full of indispensable men.
10) Once you’re pampered, you get lazy.
11) Be yourself. Follow your instincts. Success depends, at least in part, on the ability to “carry it off.”
12) If you are not criticized, you may not be doing much.
13) If you get too comfortable, you lose your edge. A little pain keeps you striving.
14) Know that the amount of criticism you receive may correlate somewhat to the amount of publicity you receive.
Rumsfeld 2, 4, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14
Zombie 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13